When a student is absent a parent needs to call the Attendance Office. Please call the appropriate attendance clerk to report your student's absence.
- Last name A to L - dial (510) 723-3190 ext 63113
- Last name M to Z - dial (510) 723-3190 ext 63111
- Bilingual Attendance - dial (510) 723-3190 ext 63107
Attendance Clearance Policy
- All excusable absences must be cleared by telephone call or a note from the parent/guardian within 72 hrs (3 days) of the student’s return.
- Medical Note: No more than 3 consecutive days of absence can be cleared for medical reasons. A doctor's note must be provided for more than 3 consecutive days.
- Off Grounds Passes for Appointments: If the parent/guardian is aware of the appointment in advance, PLEASE send a note with the student which indicates the date, time and reason for leaving. Students must bring the note to the attendance office before school starts in the morning. The student will then be issued a note to show to their teacher during the appropriate period. The note will minimize interruptions to the classroom during class time.
- Students must have a “Pass to Leave School Grounds” from the office to leave campus. Students leaving campus without a pass cannot be cleared. Students will receive cuts for periods unexcused.