YEP-YOUTH ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
The Youth Enrichment Programs (YEP) offers various after school opportunities for Tennyson High School students including:
- Cyber High and Plato Credit Recovery
- Online Driver's Education
- Concurrent Enrollment Classes
- Fitness Workships
- Cyber Patriot
- Sponsorship opportunities for Teacher Clubs
See Ms. Khadijah Abdul Haqq in the Counselor's Office for more information about YEP.
Fall/Winter 2015 Program Information:
YEP!'s Summer 2015 Programs for High School students is currently open for enrollment. Students will have the opportunity to participate in Concurrent Enrollment, Cyber High, Plato, and Driver's Education. Priority registration deadline for Credit Recovery is May 15, 2015. Students will receive a letter informing them of the courses that they need to take for Credit Recovery. Concurrent Enrollment and Driver's Education priority registration is May 22, 2015.
Hayward Unified School District Summer Course Catalog
Click Here for English/Spanish Catalog
Cyber High and Plato Credit Recovery will be offered by YEP this Summer.
|Start Date||June 15, 2015||Start Time||8:20am|
|End Date||July 31, 2015||End Time||12:35pm|
|Days of Week||Monday-Friday||Location||F17, F18, D2|
|Units||5 (semester 1) and 5 (semester 2)||Grades Eligible||current 9th-11th|
Sign Language 64 (SL 64, Chabot Concurrent Enrollment) will be offered by YEP. Introduction to beginning communication skills through the language of sign, with emphasis on American Sign Language (ASL). Introduction to an understanding of deafness and the deaf culture. Basic sign vocabulary, the manual alphabet, and a contrast with various other sign systems used throughout the United States. Course is CSU/UC transferable. Students will earn 3 units of college credit.
|Start Date||June 16, 2015||Tuesdays||1:00-3:00pm|
|End Date||July 30, 2015||Thursdays||1:00-3:00pm|
|Days of Week||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Location||TBA|
|Units||3 Chabot units||Grades Eligible||current 9th-11th|
How to enroll in Philosophy 1 before the January 14, 2015 deadline:
1) Enroll in YEP. Click here if you enrolled in YEP during the 2014-2015 school year.* If you are new to YEP, click here to enroll for Fall 2014.
2) Enroll at Chabot by clicking here (scroll to bottom to start free Chabot application).
3) Submit your $25 payment online when enrolling online (see step 1) OR payment can be made via check (made out to "YEP-HUSD") or money order but must be made in person at the District YEP office (24823 Soto Road, Room 27). The last day for a refund is June 30, 2015. Check or Money order can also be mailed to: YEP Office, 24823 Soto Road, Room 27, Hayward, CA 94544. Please indicate NAME OF SCHOOL and STUDENT NAME on the check or money order.
4) Complete the Concurrent Enrollment Packet (Chabot Sign Language 64). See your Counselor to get a transcript and signature for this concurrent enrollment packet.
5) Submit the completed packet to THS YEP Coordinator Khadijah Abdul-Haqq in the Counselor's Office no later than May 22, 2015.
6) The instructor will provide the last day to drop the class in the course syllabus. Since this class is a Chabot class, it will be permanent on your Chabot transcript as of the date given by the instructor.
Driver's Education will be offered this summer by YEP. If you are 15 1/2 years of age or older, then you qualify to participate in summer Driver's Education. Upon completion of the fall Driver's Education Program, students will receive a Certificate of Completion to present at the Department of Motor Vehicles for the Driver's Permit Exam.
|Start Date||November 30, 2015||Mondays||1:00pm-2:00pm|
|End Date||February 3, 2016||Wednesdays||1:00pm-2:00pm|
|Days of Week||Mondays & Wednesdays||Location||Library Computer Lab|
15 1/2 years or older
How to enroll in Driver's Education before the May 22, 2015 deadline.:
1) For a direct link, click here. Select Drivers Education and submit your application.
2) A confirmation email will be sent to those students who were accepted and/or waitlisted for the summer session during the week of May 20th, 2015.
How to Enroll in YEP:
Each program has a set of Enrollment Instructions located on the left hand side. If you enrolled in YEP during the 2014-2015 school year, you will need your confirmation # to enroll for specific programs. Click Here if you have already enrolled in the 2014-2015 school year. If you are new to YEP, click here to enroll for summer 2015.
For step-by-step YEP online registration instructions click here.